TO : OUR VALUED RESIDENTS
DATE : APRIL 10, 2017
SUBJECT : 72-HOUR SURVIVAL KIT
In view of the recent earthquakes that hit various areas in Luzon including Metro Manila, we would like to encourage everyone to have a 72-Hour Survival Kit.
According to studies, it may take up to 3 days for relief workers to reach some areas after a major disaster and it would be wise to consider a 72-hour kit that you could use while waiting for help.
It is advisable to put together a Lifeline Kit before a disaster strikes. It should be practical that you can carry it with you if you ever need to evacuate your home. It is also important to prepare a kit for each member of your family who is able to carry one. Please see below the important contents of a 72-Hour Survival Kit which you can prepare on your own:
- Normally, one can survive without food intake for 5 days as long as there is water intake. Prepare clean water in clean airtight containers for washing, drinking and cooking.
- Store only non-perishable food. Food should be sufficient for three days consumption of every family member.
ü EMERGENCY TOOLS / GEAR
- Plastic laminated ID card for family member, Emergency numbers to call, Maps with indication of evacuation sites and routes, Whistle, Flashlight with extra batteries (self-powered flashlight is suggested), Multi-purpose knife, Matches or lighter and candles, Radio transistor with extra batteries, Glow sticks, Ropes, Sleeping bag
ü PERSONAL EFFECTS AND HYGIENE KIT
- Extra Clothing (Short and long sleeved shirts, pants, jackets, socks, etc.), Undergarments, Soap, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Towels, Comb, Alcohol and Sanitary Napkins
ü IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS AND MONEY
- Keep these in a plastic envelope, Money should be in the form of cash and loose change (in case banks are closed or electronic banking is not available.), Prepaid cards, List of important information (security insurance number, tax identification number, driver's license, passport number, bank account details, insurance policy, etc.), Passport, Important legal documents such as Birth certificates, marriage contract, insurance certificates, land titles, school credentials etc.
ü SPECIAL NEEDS (Of elderly, children, infant or sick member of the family)
Emergency medication and Prescription Medication
ü FIRST AID KIT
Please be informed that Philippine Red Cross is also selling 72-Survival Kits such as Php 550 for Kids, Php 650 for Adult and Php 2,500 for a family of 5. You may contact their Telephone Number at 790-2300. We can also help you purchase depending on the number of persons who will request for this.
Kindly let us know if you have any questions.
For and on behalf of
The Address at WackWack Condominium Corporation